Copps Food Center, originally founded by the Copps family and based in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, began its history in 1892 when E.M. Copps began selling food, grain and other items to loggers, river men and farmers. Incorporated in 1912, Copps continued to operate under family ownership until the company was acquired by Roundy's in 2001. The addition of Copps to the Roundy's brand opened new opportunities for Roundy's in central Wisconsin.
There are 26 Copps Food Centers located in the state of Wisconsin. The stores are committed to their communities and, through the Roundy’s Foundation, donate hundreds of thousands of dollars and food to neighborhood pantries, family shelters and literacy programs.