Prosciutto & Fresh Greens Crostini
Savor the sensational, old-world flavor of fresh greens combined with prosciutto…perfect for any occasion!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 ciabatta baguette, cut into ½” thick slices
- 3 tablespoons Private Selection™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing crostini
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 lemon, zested
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 package Private Selection™ Old World Prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To make crostini, place ciabatta slices on a baking sheet; bake until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool. Then brush each slice with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ricotta and lemon zest until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add kale and broth or water. Sauté 5–7 minutes, until kale is slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each crostini with ricotta mixture, sautéed kale and prosciutto. Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.